Our February meeting is fast approaching! Since our January meeting was cancelled due to predicted bad weather, hopefully February 4th will be a dry and sunny day. It’ll be good to get together again. Just in case the weather isn’t great, we have permission to use our meeting room the following Wednesday (the 11th) at 1pm.
In keeping with the theme of Valentine’s Day, our starting topic for the February meeting is “relationships” – friends, family, co-workers, spouses , whoever plays a role in our lives and issues such as:
- How best and when to tell your diagnosis
- How to explain what it means to live with Parkinson’s, your challenges and limitations
- How to ask for help while not playing the “victim” card
- The role humor can play
- Advice you would give someone who has a friend with PD
- Keeping the romance in your marriage
- New relationships
Help start the conversation. Leave a reply below for the rest of us to read and respond.
Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: “What! You too? I thought I was the only one.”
From “The Problem of Pain” by C.S. Lewis